Tinder recently came out with a new controversial update called Tinder Plus.
Most love it, and the cheapskates hate it…
I’m gonna show you to use it for maximum efficiency to improve your dating life.
These features of Tinder Plus include:
- The option un-swipe someone, or “rewind”, if you didn’t mean to swipe left and reject them.
- Unlimited likes.
- Passport Mode – You can swipe with people around the country. This is great if your traveling because it allows you to setup dates before you show up in a new city. This feature alone makes the monthly fee worth it.
- The one new aspect that has caused ire is the fact that older users of the service will have to pay more than their younger counterparts.
I don’t think it’s all that big of a deal that Tinder is making a buck or two. They provide a valuable service and why shouldn’t they get paid for getting people laid?
It’s amazing how we are conditioned. We will gladly wait hours in line to to pay $500 for an iPhone every two years but paying $5 for an app that we use constantly is travesty! That is a whole other tangent but the new Tinder costs about $10/month for the under 30 crowd and $20/month if you’re over 30. That’s a drink or two at the bar, get over it!
Before I get into the “how to optimize your Tinder profile” part of this article, I need to throw out this disclaimer.
DISCLAIMER: If you are reading this post as a girl I’ve taken out on a Tinder date in the past, don’t hate, I told you I was a dating coach so what do you expect?! LOL
Besides, I’m doing women a favor by increasing the amount of attractive guys on Tinder. The more options the better, right?
Choose 6 photos (the maximum) from your Facebook profile. Your pictures should tell a story.
Your pictures should portray you as a well-dressed, social, well travelled, cultured, dynamic guy.
- Women love a man in a suit, just not “a suit” meaning thats who you are. Id avoid a suit being your intro pic.
- Women love athletic guys- get a pic in of you being active. If you are in good shape use a pic that shows this, but doesn’t reveal that you are trying to show this i.e. shirtless random pic
- No shirtless pics unless you are doing something active where its normal to be shirtless. Just don’t make it obvious you are posting a shirtless pic to show off your six-pack.
- Maximum of one selfie
- No pictures with you and another girl your age (your mom or grandma is fine if your other pictures give off the “bad boy” vibe. If you look like a dork, don’t put up a picture with your mom)
- Avoid posting pics of you with other better looking, taller guys with similar features. It will make you look less attractive
- No more than one picture with a group
- You also want one headshot style pic. Here’s a Pro-Tip: Be sure to squint ever-so-gently. Portrait photographer Peter Hurley developed this squint technique for his photo-shoots and PhotoFeeler ran tests that proved the slight squinting made men look more attractive. Here’s an example showing the wide eye look versus the squint. The wide eye subject being more fearful, vulnerable, and uncertain versus squinty being more confident, competent, and influential.
Here are my Tinder pics:
I chose this photo to show I have a dog, I get out of the house and I’ve been told its a very good picture of me.
I chose this photo to show I have friends who also dress well, lol.
We are also in Germany but it’s hard to tell.
(Face is blurred to protect the innocent)
This is the standard squinty eyed headshot style pic.
Next is a pic of me after winning our beer league championship hockey game. Please send all autograph requests to my agent 😉
This gets exceptional love from the Canadian ladies.
Next up we have a pic of me giving a presentation in a blazer.
Shows that I can dress up and I have a job.
I’ve heard that women dig guys with jobs.
And finally, a picture with my two beautiful grandmothers!
I swear, girls LOVE this picture.
About 50% of the women that message me ask about it. Who doesn’t love a guy with strong family ties that takes good care of his grannies?
- Avoid height if you are short, but include if you are tall.
- Make it clear, concise, funny, action/info packed.
Here is mine:
Or you can choose to forego a bio and make a claim about the world we live in instead.
“If you participate in SantaCon you should be publicly stoned”
Had a ton of girls open me with “OMG SantaCon is so annoying blah blah blah”
“I am on my period, if you are looking for a cheap hookup, sorry it wont happen!”
Got tons of love for that. Give them something shocking that resonates, evokes emotion, something that people feel very strongly about either way.
You can also share your Instagram profile by putting Instagram: “your username” at the end of your bio.
Women love Instagram, so having a cool Instagram profile attached to your tinder can give you a few bonus points and make you more credible and trustable.
If you don’t have an instagram, follow me so you can get a good idea of the type of pictures I post. Mine is: inner_confidence
Using Tinder Efficiently
Tindering can be a huge waste of time, you can waste hours looking at pictures of girls you will never meet.
Your goal is to get matches, phone numbers and dates as efficiently as possible.
You do this by only looking at her first picture and swiping yes or no.
Only swipe yes for girls you really find attractive to avoid wasting time. If she’s not attractive in her first picture, you can bet the others won’t be any better.
You will be notified immediately if you get a match, but resist the temptation to check out her other photos on the spot, just keep swiping.
If it’s a group pic, a cartoon pic or anything else indistinguishable I swipe left. Odds are she is not attractive if she is posting that nonsense as her main pic.
Once you have about 10 matches, its time to investigate further and send a message if she makes the grade.
Start swiping in the city you are traveling to about a week in advance.
Keep in mind that this will make it obvious that you are looking for a vacation hook up.
Some women will be turned off by this idea and that is ok!
Others are looking for exactly the same thing and those are the ones you want to be talking to.
No need to be ashamed about this, everyone knows that in most cities Tinder is basically a sex app.
How To Message
If you want to learn exactly how my friends and I message with women on Tinder and steal all the witty lines we use, download a free copy of The Tinder Guide.
- How to open the conversation and improve your chances of getting a response.
- How to flirt and lead the conversation, even if she isn’t giving you much to work with.
- When and how to ask for the number and how to follow up via text.
- Examples and screenshots of exactly how to implement these strategies.