Forget every motivational speech you have ever read/heard- the real secret is coming….and this applies to getting women
Ive read em all, watched em all.
Every Steve Jobs keynote speech, Mark Cuban interview about execution, Kobe Bryant talk about hard work.
We talk about this stuff a lot in the Leverage program:
- Taking pride in your work
- Executing no matter what, even if you have to kill yourself to do it
- Beast mode-ing
- Positioning yourself for opportunity
- Investing in human capital
I think successful people have several skills that separate them from others, but I think the game changer is your willingness to do whatever the fuck you have to do to get ahead.
I have more money than almost all of my friends and I was on my hands and knees scrubbing a floor yesterday. Ill sleep on a floor or a dumpy couch if I have to. Ill drive 3 hours for a meeting that doesn’t seem very important and if I give my word to it, I’ll make sure I hold to it.
When I was younger I wanted to become a professional basketball player.
I read 2 quotes that changed my life and my approach:
- Napolean Kaufman (RB for Washington) said he’d hit the track and gym at 1am cause he knew 1m% that no one else was doing that. He had to do what no one else was willing to do. I started breaking into the Cabrillo Gym at midnight 4+ nights a week to shoot jumpers till 2 am on school nights cause I knew no one else was doing that.
- Charles Barkley said “what I lack in size and skill I more than make up for in heart and determination”. This quote super charged me.I could score at will, shooting jumpers was like a layup for me, but that one line took me from a great defender to a lock down defender. It took me from an average rebounder to an animal. I played at 100% every single second on the court. If a shot was taken it was my job to grab that one rebound. If I had an assignment defensively my only job in the world was to make sure he never scored one single bucket. Every possession was the last one ever.
I remember on leg days at the end of my workout pressing over 1,000lbs (at 16 yrs-old) repeating to myself “what I lack in size and skill I more than make up for in heart and determination.
I always looked up to people that I thought had ‘heart’.
There was something special about them and I wanted to be that guy.
I wanted people to say, “Justin has heart”.
This one stupid idea fueled the shit out of me.
Up at 4:47am every single day: run a mile, suicides, jump shots till 7am.
Home, shower, school. It meant something to me that I knew I did whatever I had to do.
Ive carried this mentality into my adult life and my professional life:
Traveling as an agoraphobic Ive done whatever I have had to do.
Getting ahead financially- If I’ve had to sleep on a floor, rent my car to people, take loans, sell equity, teach a mentors kid ball to pick his brain, enroll 30 people in an idea, whatever.
Im 100% flexible- I don’t have rules, standards, minimums, or ceilings. I will do whatever I have to do to make something succeed.
Cant sleep? No problem.
I have to go grocery shopping for a client? Cool.
Im willing to inconvenience myself, swallow my pride, lower my standards and barrel through to accomplish a goal.
I think a real problem with most people is not that they don’t know where to start or how to start, but that they are unwilling to roll around in a pile of mud to succeed.
You tell me Inner Confidence will succeed if I walk around the snow in Canada all winter- no problem.
In my experience with most of the guys in Leverage- you are not willing to sacrifice your silly little lives. You aren’t flexible enough to eat dog shit.
You want to succeed with women- then do whatever the fuck you have to do, THE END. 1,00,000 reps.
Post every single thought and interaction here.
Analyze your strategy and adjust.
Hit on every single girl u see for next 6 months, DO NOT LET ONE PASS BY YOU.
Read every word we post.
Execute everything we suggest.
DO NOT watch netflix, or fuck around online.
No video games. No bullshit.
Go on 100 walk and talk (free) online dates for target practice.
I sleep 4-5 hours a day. You think I don’t like to sleep? I love that shit, but there is too much to do.
There are no excuses.
Instead of finding reasons why you can’t, find reasons why you can’t not- that is my mindset.
You do what you have to do.
I vacated my home yesterday so we could airbnb it.
I was on my knees scrubbing the bathroom floor and cleaned the shower.
Stop sleeping, stop ur bullshit activities and suck your dick with your unwillingness to reach goals at any cost necessary.
This is the real trick to success, trust me.
-Justin, a moderator in the Leverage program