If you like our discussion of connection triggers with Marcus Oakey, you’ll love this episode! We get deeper into the connection discussion, and we even give away some tactics you can use immediately to have better connections, as well as the surprising mindsets behind them.
Words shape our entire life. The words that we use affect our consciousness and our belief systems. They are the vehicle we translate our reality to other people’s realities. Acknowledge when people are talking to you. It helps add connections to interactions because it shows you’re paying attention.
- Use environment to start conversations. Key phrases such as “You look x…”
- NLP states unconscious minds is a series of patterns//beliefs about our reality
- Language is a medium by which we translate our reality to someone else
- Everyone has their own definition of honesty… In their own mind honesty may only be a surface level truth with things omitted.
- If they say something like “to be honest…” and go deeper with you they feel safe enough with you to form a stronger emotional connection.
- Calibrate level of acknowledgement to the other person’s statements on level of seriousness/intensity
- Difference between hearing and listening… listening is active engagement
- You need to communicate that their choice to share something personal with you means something to you
- Long term, if you acknowledge issues another person may have with you but do not take action to change that, they will form resentment
- Wisdom = Knowledge + Experience
- Show interest (genuine) in their hobbies without them asking and it weel deepen the connection
- Be straight up with women, they will find out if you are lying
- Hot women get hit on 100+ times a day, so justify your own attempts by being honest and not giving a shit about her approval
- Expressing your approval of someone’s actions/choices will make them grateful and it opens up the opportunity for more conversation and deeper connections.